Monday, April 23, 2012

Thankful for the flu

Today, I am thankful for the flu.  Or, maybe just the perspective that the flu brings.  I am thankful I got it this weekend instead of next weekend, when my husband is scheduled to work.  I am thankful I can walk around my house without feeling like I'm going to throw-up, fall down, or die.  I am thankful for my health.  I am thankful for the health of my family.  I am thankful I have an exuberant amount of energy most of the time.  I am thankful to be able to play in the sandbox and be outside.  Not just listening to the bustle from my bed.    I am thankful to be able to clean a bathroom and am looking forward to mopping the floor - tomorrow. 

I can only imagine how difficult it is for the couples who deal with chronic illness.  One feels put out because they have to do everything.  One feels left out because they can't do anything. 

Dear God, thank you for my health.  Please buoy up those people, couples, and families who struggle with health issues and the wrench that they throw in their every-day lives.  I am reminded how I am unable to anything without Your grace.

Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes 

O Ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, you are the refuge of sinners and the comfort of the afflicted.  Look with mercy on us.  By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes you gave the world hope.  Your Son has healed many, thanks to your compassionate intercession.  Therefore, I come humbly before you to ask for your motherly intercession for all who are sick in body, mind, and spirit.  Holy Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of death.  Amen.
-Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate

No comments:

Post a Comment