Monday, April 23, 2012

Waiting on the Lord

March 27, 2012

I am trying to wait patiently on the Lord.  I want to bring Him many, many souls.  I want them to console Him with me.  However, I think He's purifying my impetuousity by having greater opportunities on hold, especially the path to becoming a spiritual director!!  I desire this so much and yet it always eludes me and seems just beyond my grasp.  Dear God, if it is your will that I become a spiritual director, please confirm this for me.  If not, please remove the desire.  I love you and unite my will to yours.

From Abandonment to Divine Providence-

"What you want, my dear sister, is to find support and comfort in yourself and your good works.  Well, this is precisely what God does not wish, and what He cannot endure in souls aspiring after perfection.  What?!  Lean upon yourself?  Count on your works?  Could self-love, pride, and perversity have a more miserable fruit?"

No comments:

Post a Comment